3 THINGS YOU DIDN’T KNOW..
· The first disc jockey was actually an experiment! In 1909, asixteen-year-old boy named Ray Newby played the first records over the airwaveslong before the words disc jockey even existed.
· Disc Jockeys used to hide the labels of their records so listeners wouldhave to guess which records the tracks they played were from.
· In the ’70s, party goers would come to hear and see 2 DJs at the sameparty blasting each other with their sounds – this became known as a DJ soundclash.
· Being a DJ requires being a person in a highly skilled technical artform. It has a deep history and takes hours of practice which needs ahigh level of musical knowledge.
· Walter Winchell coined the term disc jockey in the 1930s.