Call Now @ 985 345 0060Contact UsCall In 985 345 0060
Call Now @ 985 345 0060Contact UsCall 985 345 0060



September 30, 2022
Date of Event:


4-Month-Old Kitten Named Thor Saves FamilyFrom Carbon Monoxide Poisoning



Thor, a 4-month-old kitten living with a Farmington Hills,Mich., family started meowing in distress while carbon monoxide from agenerator in a closed garage began to fill the home — waking up his sleepinghumans before they were killed by the deadly fumes.

The familylost power in a storm and didn’t realize they were trapped when their portablegenerator’s colorless, odorless fumes began to seep inside.

There was noCO detector in the house.

Thor began the meows of distress to mother Heidi Stamper,who took the kitty outside, where he immediately stopped crying in response tothe fresh air.

But when she and Thor went back inside, she soon lost consciousness while herhusband Ronald became groggy — prompting Thor to get the attention of13-year-old Paige and 11-year-old Quinn. The sisters then helped take their momand half-conscious dad to the yard.

The youngsisters were able to call authorities and the family was rushed to a nearbyhospital; the mom and her daughters were later airlifted to ProMedica Hospitalin Toledo, Ohio.

TIP: “The fire department reminds everyone that generators should never beused inside homes, garages, basements, sheds, or any other enclosed orpartially enclosed spaces. In this case, using a portable generator in anenclosed garage almost had deadly consequences.”

Sign Up for this EventLearn More
WHMD Kajun 107,1 Advertise with us Badge
WHMD Kajun 107,1 Advertise with us Badge
© Kajun 107.1 & contenets of this site are copyright 2017 by whmd fm | Site design by Anntoine Marketing + Design | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use