Pretty funny what we found on the net...
"Ways to Get a Husband': Hilarious 1958 Magazine Article with Tips
A list of ways to find ahusband published by a 1958 woman's magazine has gone viral, with peoplecalling it 'hilarious' and 'shocking'.
MCCALL'S FULL LIST OF HOW TO GET A HUSBAND, PUBLISHED IN 1958:
1. Get a dog and walk it.
2. Have your car breakdown at strategic places.
3. Attend night school - take course men like.
4. Look in the census reports for places with the most single men.
5. Read the obituaries to find eligible widowers.
6. Join a hiking club.
7. Take up golf and go to different golf courses.
8. Take several short vacations at different places rather than one long one atone place.
9. Sit on a park bench and feed the pigeons.
10. Take a bicycle trip through Europe.
11. Be nice to everybody - they may have an eligible son orbrother.
12. Volunteer for jury duty.17. Be friendly to ugly men - handsome is as handsome does.18. Tell your friends you're interested in getting married.19. Get lost at football games.
13. Get a job demonstrating fishing tackle in a sports store.23. Go to all school reunions, there may be widowers there.