People 100 and older love to share about their lives and offer advice to the rest of us.
1. Happiness comes from what we do. Happy memories can go a long ways toward happiness later on!
2. Happiness comes from a positive attitude and optimism. "Don't chase happiness. Just be satisfied." Deciding life is good changes our perception and makes life better, and apparently, it helps you live much longer!
3. Happiness comes from living in the NOW. Age is only a number. You live for the day and keep going. But we can rob ourselves of our present happiness and good emotional health by hanging onto old regrets, grudges, and pain.
4. Love and partnership are critical for long life. Centurions often talk about their "good" marriage, all their happy memories, and all their good times together. "Being happily married and happy in general is the remedy for all illness."
5. Eat natural, real food to feel good and live longer.
. Many people over 100 talk about eating fresh food that they grew themselves. And older people will tell you over and over: eat in moderation!
6. Learn to adapt for a better and longer life. "Life goes on regardless" is a common theme. People who live well into old age understand that there is hardship in life but they know life goes on and they must too.
7. Help others. Helping others is one way to build relationships and connections, and it makes you feel great. It's another common theme among people who live to be over 100.
8. Always learn! Older people will tell you to keep learning all through life, both in and out of school. Be curious.
9. Practice Mindfulness People over 100 tend to live in the moment as it comes, rather than worrying about plans, regrets, and getting caught up in pressure and worry.When life is enjoyed in the moment, it's just better and people who live in the moment more tend to live longer, happier lives!